Jennyfer Fouani – ambassador of MyWay Foundation
Jennyfer Fouani is a talented and full of passion young artist who has chosen the flute as an instrument of her life. From her childhood she has showed an unusual sensitivity and fascination for the music. She started her career by playing the piano – flute wasn’t her first choice. Inspired by the personality and the music of her friend’s mother, she discovered the flute when she was nine years old.
Born in Paris, but she is permanently associated with Warsaw – here she learns, studies and succeeds.
Between 1999 -2011 she went to the Karol Szymanowski Music School No. 4 in Warsaw, at the Professor Anna Błaszczyk flute class. Since 2011 she has been studying at The Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw, at the Professor Elżbieta Gajewska flute class.
She perfected the art of flute playing at the master classes with famous flutists: Philippe Bernold, David Formisano, Andreas Adorjan, Carsten Eckert and Cezary Traczewski. In 2009, she performed with the academic symphony orchestra in Kokkola in Finland, where she completed an internship.
Once attended the music school she concerted and participated in many competitions. Despite her young age – just 21 years old – she has an extensive stage experience. The young artist is a member of Young Varsovia Quintet and their last concerts at the Royal Łazienki Music Festival were very successful.
Jennyfer Fouani has consistently enriched her repertoire. At the “Warsaw Autumn Festival” she played the premiere performance of Paweł Sołtysiak “Yet you lied, darie,” together with Tomasz Strahl, Andrzej Gębski, Artur Pachlewski and Robert Morawski.
The milestone of her career has been a solo performance with a Karol Szymanowski Music School Symphony Orchestra, under Maciej Niesiołowski in The Witold Lutosławski Concert Studio, during which she performed Jacques Ibert “Concerto for Flute”.
Her interests go beyond classical music – she paricipated in 41 Pulawy Jazz Workshop 2011.
Jennyfers’ talent has been widely appreciated – she was a stipendist of the Minister of Culture in the school year 2010/2011. As well she benefited from the Sinfonia Varsovia Foundation in 2011.
Since 2013 Jennyfer Fouani has cooperated with MyWay Foundation. The opportunity to be an ambassador for the MyWay Young Talents Foundation is an exciting experience for me. I am very happy that I will be able to participate in this project. Thanks to the portfolio created by the MyWay Foundation I will show who I am and above all what kind of musician I am. Website provides me contact with the world, because it will be created in Polish and English. The trainings will empower me with the practical knowledge of copyright law, self-presentation, and media contacts. – confirms flutist.
Thanks to her support the beneficiaries will see what MyWay Foundation can offer.
Jennyfer’s talent, education, experience and successes will be the best examples of a young musician career.
Jennyfer Fouani has won many prestigious national and international competitions:
- 3rd prize – 10th National Flute Festival, Sochaczew (2011)
- distinction – 4th Flute Competition, Sosnowiec (2011)
- 2nd prize – 9th National Flute Festival, Sochaczew (2010)
- Grand Prix & 1st prize – National Auditions of Woodwind Class Students from High Schools, Warsaw (2010)
- 1st prize – 4th International Competition of Contemporary Music for Children and Youth, Cracow (2010)
- 3rd prize – 8th National Flute Festival, Sieradz (2009)
- 1st prize – 8th Music Meetings of Woodwind Instruments, Warsaw (2008)
- 3rd prize – 7th National Flute Festival, Sochaczew (2008)
- 3rd prize – 3rd National Competition of Youth Instrumentalists, Jasło (2008)
She is also a talented a chamber musician, her achievements are the following.
- 1st prize – 21st Mlawa’s Accordion Music Festival „From solo to the orchestra” (2015)
- 1st prize – 23rd International Accordion Music Festival, Przemyśl (2014),
- 1st prize – 10th National Chamber Ensembles Competition, Warsaw (2014)
- distinction – 23rd National Chamber Ensembles Competition, Wrocław (2011)
- 2nd prize – 8th Primary and Music High Schools Chamber Ensembles Festival, from region of Warsaw (2010)
- 2nd prize for woodwind trio – 7th Primary and Music High Schools Chamber Ensembles Festival, from Masovian region, Warsaw (2009)
- Laureate diploma for woodwind quintet – Regional Auditions for Chamber Ensembles from Music High Schools, Warsaw (2009),
- Laureate diploma for woodwind trio – Regional Auditions for Chamber Ensembles from High Music Schools, Warsaw (2009),
- 1st prize – 2nd Primary and High Music Schools Chamber Ensembles Festival, from region of Warsaw (2004),
- 2nd prize – 2nd Competition of Children Duets „Duettino”, Warsaw (2004)
- distinction – National Auditions of Woodwind Chamber Ensembles from Music High Schools, Warsaw